International Enrolments

We are now taking International enrolments for study in 2023.

Refer to for visa information.

Become an Education Agent for Vision College

Vision College is keen to work with recruitment agents who are passionate about promoting New Zealand education. If you are interested in becoming an agent for Vision College, please send an expression of interest to:

In your email, provide a summary of your agency including:

  • your company profile
  • education institutions your agency represents
  • a brief marketing plan on how you would promote Vision College in your chosen markets

Once we receive your expression of interest, we will be in touch with you.

Choosing New Zealand to Study

New Zealand is one of the world's best places to live and study. Discover our internationally-renowned education system and unbeatable lifestyle.

The following websites give information that will help you navigate this journey:

Study with New Zealand | Study with New Zealand

NauMai NZ's information on life as an international student in New Zealand


Click here for advice for Tertiary students from the Ministry of Education and Immigration NZ

Click here for COVID-19 information for students, agents and the international education sector.

COVID-19 testing

COVID-19 related care – including diagnosis, testing and treatment – is provided free of charge to anyone who requires it, including international students. This is irrespective of citizenship, visa status, nationality, NHI number or level of medical insurance coverage. See more information on free COVID-19 testing. 

Rapid antigen tests (RATs) are currently Aotearoa New Zealand’s primary testing tool for people with COVID-19 symptoms or household contacts. RAT results are available quickly – usually in about 20 minutes. 

If someone at higher risk of severe Covid-19 illness is a household contact, and has a negative RAT for COVID-19, a more sensitive PCR test may be needed. A health professional can advise you on the right test to take in your situation.

Anyone with COVID-19 symptoms should stay at home and get tested. If your RAT result is negative but your symptoms continue or worsen, you should take a further test 48 hours later.
All COVID-19 testing for those with symptoms and/or who are household contacts is free under the public health response. If you require a COVID-19 test as part of pre-departure international travel requirements, then you will need to pay for this.

Some countries require travellers to confirm a negative COVID-19 test before they leave New Zealand. If a student requires a test prior to departure, they can organise this through Healthline or their GP, but they will need to pay for it. See questions and answers on pre-departure COVID-19 testing. has help and advice in several different languages, including simplified Chinese, Hindi and Korean. 


The New Zealand border is re-opening in stages but by the end of July 2022 normal visa processing resumes for all categories, including visitor and student visas, unless the visa is closed or paused. Border exemptions will be phased out.

Applying for a student visa needs to be applied for through the online service at Immigration NZ. Click here to download a guide to applying for a student visa. If you are a first-time student visa applicant please use the checklist here to assist you with the process. If you are applying for a second or subsequent student visa please use the checklist here. Rules are changing all the time so please ensure you go to the website to get the most up to date checklist or guide.

The United Against COVID-19 website has step by step instructions on what you need to do before you enter New Zealand, including a travel declaration and vaccination requirements for non-NZ citizens. How to enter New Zealand | Unite against COVID-19 ( and Reopening the New Zealand border | Immigration New Zealand

Embassy and consular assistance

If an international student is in hardship and their situation is not likely to improve in the medium to long term, then they are advised to consider all their options, including returning home.

Students should contact their home country embassy in New Zealand for up-to-date information and advice on travel information or special requirements when returning home, such as medical certificates or quarantine arrangements. Embassies | New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade (

Study with Vision College in New Zealand

  • Study in Hamilton, Auckland, or Christchurch
  • Enjoy our unique culture and stunning natural environment
  • International students from all over the world can study at Vision College, a division of Activate Training Centre Limited

The courses we have available to International Students are:

For further enquiries, email your details to

Dates are only available if the NZ borders open and Immigration New Zealand are processing student visas.

The New Zealand border is re-opening in stages but by July 2022 normal visa processing resumes for all categories, including visitor and student visas, unless the visa is closed or paused. Refer to COVID-19 | Immigration New Zealand

We offer a range of qualifications

Vision College provides a range of programmes from certificate and diplomas, through to degree level. They are all registered with the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA). These qualifications can help open doors for you to be employed in New Zealand, your home country, or other countries around the world.

Vision College is a division of Activate Training Centre Limited which was formed in 1984. It offers a unique Christian-based environment for study. Christian values of care, honour and respect are part of our culture and are all designed to help learners excel. People of all religions and cultures are most welcome to study at Vision College.

The Education (Pastoral Care of Tertiary and International Learners) Code of Practice 2021

Activate Training Centre is a signatory to the Code of Practice.

The Code describes the minimum standards of advice and care that you can expect as an international student. It provides a complaints procedure that you can follow if you have concerns about the pastoral treatment you have received from an education provider or from the agent of a provider. The Code does not apply to concerns about academic standards. Information about the Code can be found on the NZQA website:

Student leaders and NZQA have released a series of videos for student, by students called 'Know the Code', to help students better understand what they can expect for their educational wellbeing and safety. These videos cover information about accommodation, mental health, disability, and what international students can expect from agents and providers when coming to New Zealand.

Click Here to watch the Know the Code series and find out more.

Travelling to New Zealand

If you are not a New Zealand or Australian citizen or permanent resident and are coming to New Zealand to study for more than three months, you will need a student visa or permit from New Zealand Immigration.

The New Zealand Immigration Website explains in detail the requirements and process for receiving a Student Visa.

The Unite against COVID-19 website has step-by-step instructions on what you need to do before you enter New Zealand, including completing a travel declaration and vaccination requirements for non-NZ citizens. How to enter New Zealand | Unite against COVID-19 (

Click here to download the Traveller Fact Sheet.

Click here to learn about the Traveller Declaration.

For more information on studying in New Zealand, visit Home | NauMaiNZ (

Payment of Course Fees

Fees for the programme of study that you have applied for can be paid to the bank accounts listed below. Please ensure your name and National Student Number (on the Schedule of Payment) is given as the reference.


Bank Account Details

Electronic Banking/Overseas Bank Transfer

Manual Deposit at Bank within NZ

Bank / Account Names:

BNZ/Public Trust

Bank / Account Names:

BNZ/Public Trust

Bank Account:

02 0536 0305865 01

Bank Account:

02 0536 0305865 01

Swift Code:




Bank Address:

BNZ, North End Branch, Wellington, New Zealand

Please use the details given on the Telegraphic transfer form attached


NB: All bank charges are to be met by the student

Cost of Living in New Zealand

The cost of living in New Zealand varies according to where you live. As from 31 July 2022, Immigration New Zealand expects you to have $20,000 per year available for living costs or $1,666.67 per month for short courses.  Although you may be able to find part-time work in New Zealand there is a lot of competition and some cities offer more work opportunities than others.  Please note also, that part-time work does not usually bring in enough money to contribute toward tuition fees or cover all your living expenses. You will be allowed to work full-time during holidays, provided your course meets the Immigration requirements. Click here for more details.

Health and Travel Insurance Requirements

Please note all international students are required to have appropriate travel and medical insurance from the date they leave their home country until their return home on completion of study. We are able to arrange this insurance for you. If your current insurance policy does not meet the minimum requirements below, we reserve the right to insist on a new policy. If Activate Training Centre issues the insurance, it will commence 10 days from the start date of the programme to cover students while travelling.
It is recommended that international students should hold insurance covering all the following aspects:

Health cover while in New Zealand
• Medical expenses incurred for the treatment of illness and/or injury (in excess of ACC cover) that requires surgery and/or hospitalisation – unlimited sum insured
• Medical evacuation related to serious illness and injuries – unlimited sum insured
• Emergency dental treatment
• Optical cover
• Costs for family members’ travel in the event that the student suffers a serious illness or injury.

Repatriation, search, and rescue
• Repatriation and expatriation in the event a student have to return home following an injury or illness which interrupts their study plans - unlimited sum insured
• Return of mortal remains/funeral expenses - including travel costs for family members, repatriation of remains, and funeral costs
• Search and rescue operation to locate the insured.

Travel into and out of New Zealand
• Missed flights or delays for travels into and out of New Zealand
• Medical expenses incurred for the treatment of an illness and injury incurred during the travel.

Personal liability
• Negligence causing bodily injury (including death) of another person or loss of or damage to property
• False arrest and wrongful detention.
Also, personal effects cover for laptops, expensive musical instruments, and belongings.

Insurance Costs 
Activate Training Centre will arrange an appropriate insurance policy with an New Zealand provider if the student has not arranged an appropriate policy.  The cost of the insurance will be detailed on the Schedule of Payment. See here for costs.

External Evaluation and Review

Activate Training Centre is an New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) approved provider with a Category 2 status. NZQA assesses the standard of education for tertiary education organisations through a regular system of external evaluation and review. Through periodic reviews, tertiary education organisations are held accountable to their students, employers, funding bodies, quality assurance bodies and other interested parties – see NZQA Website


Students doing a course lasting two or more years are allowed to work up to 20 hours per week during the academic year. 
Students doing a one-year course or more are eligible to work full-time over the summer holiday period.
To work you will need to apply for a variation of conditions to your student permit. However, you need to know that jobs are not always easy to come by and, by law, preference has to be given to New Zealand citizens or residents.

Many students find that study in New Zealand is very different from what they are used to.  New Zealand educators value active participation in class.  Students are expected to ask questions and also be expected to complete background readings during the coursework.  Teachers facilitate your learning, but do not provide all that you will need to know. 

If you have a licence in your own country, you can apply for an International Driver’s Licence before you leave.  This is valid for one year before you need to take the New Zealand driving tests.  Check with the New Zealand Embassy in your own country for further details of requirements:

There is no maximum age to apply, provided that you are a genuine student. Usually, students beginning their programmes are at least 18 years of age.

Your English language test results: IELTS or TOEFL, at the specified band score needed for the course. We also require certified copies of any academic results you have from your overseas high school or education provider. We may also require your curriculum vitae and a reference.

Undergraduate degrees are three years, diplomas are either one or two years and certificates are usually one year.

Your ATC New Zealand Offer of Place letter. This letter means you have been accepted to study at ATC New Zealand. It also states your course fee, which you must pay first to ATC New Zealand. You will then receive a receipt of payment. You must submit your Offer of Place, IELTS test results and receipt of fees, along with evidence that you have sufficient funds for living expenses, and a return international air ticket or evidence of sufficient funds to buy one, to your nearest New Zealand Immigration office.

Students who are eligible to work while studying may get causal jobs in areas like hospitality or other service industries. The current minimum wage in New Zealand is $ 16.50.

If you meet the requirements of the current immigration policy in New Zealand, it is possible for you to apply for residence at any time.

We suggest you apply at least two to three months before your programme starts so that you are organised to arrive on time. We highly recommend you use the services of an approved agent.

Options include Homestay accommodation where you can live with a New Zealand family,  private accommodation or staying at a local Hostel.

© Activate Training Centres 2023